Thursday, December 18, 2008

Stop trying to clean the house and open the door

Last night as I was trying to figure out what to do with my new-found free time (obviously the internet won out over the overwhelming pile of dishes in the sink) I ran across the Stuff Christians Like blog. I've read snippets of it before and enjoyed it, but I really liked his post yesterday. Take a look: #458 Fixing our motives.

I totally do this more often than I'd like to think--try to fix things on my own before coming to God. Let's take a moment (or a lot longer) to be thankful that we can't fix ourselves, but God can and is just waiting on us to open the door and let him in.

EDIT: Right after I wrote this, it hit me that it also ties in with the Mary and Martha dilemma (Luke 10:38-42). Food for thought.

No comments: