Over the past week or so I've been somewhat overwhelmed (in a good way) by my friends and their consideration for my physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. Today I was reminded of it again.
I ended up with a cold over break. It's definitely not the worst cold I've had, but I ended up staying home from lab for most of yesterday because I was exhausted and not really focusing very well. (Lab work in that state of mind usually ends up in failed experiments and frustration in my experience.) Today, the professor I work with came into the lab and wandered over to my bench. "How're you doing?" he asked. Normally, that's his casual way of asking "How are your experiments coming along and do you have any new results?" So without really looking up I answered "Fine. I have some new pictures to show you," and started to pull the pictures up on my computer. He stopped me by saying, "No. How are YOU?" For some reason, that really touched me that he remembered that I was gone yesterday and took time to ask how I was even though I was ready to jump right into a conversation about work.
Honestly, I don't know why I expect less, but I do. I guess that's why I've been pleasantly overwhelmed lately at the level of caring I've seen from my friends and family. I can see the Spirit in them and I appreciate it more than I can say. It makes me resolve to be that kind of friend back to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment