Friday, December 5, 2008

K-Herg

Kendal, my roommate and best friend is just awesome. I was thinking last night that I probably take her for granted far too often. So today, I am remembering how extremely thankful I am for her. Where do I even begin? Maybe I should just tell you a few stories...

When my dog died last spring, she was the first to offer a tissue and a hug and let me cry on her shoulder. When I've dealt with break-ups, she sat with me and let me talk through it and then brought me back to reality with words of advice and hope. Loving.

Once 'Build Me Up Buttercup' was playing on one of our computers and we ended up making it a duet. Now it's a typical event around our place. Fun.

We talked once for probably a good half an hour about what could cause cranio-facial duplication. Sciency conversation is never hard to come by around here. Kendal's been sharing stuff with me about her physiology class lately (fyi, don't climb mount everest. The low O2 content is really really bad for your physical and mental health).She got into IU med school and is going to be one heck of a doctor. She's also concerned about healthcare in underpriveleged populations and is working with MiddleWay to develop new policy that will be submitted to the government. Smart.

Last night, neither one of us made it back to the apartment until after 8pm. Kendal had run to Target after her meeting and pulled out a bag of Milanos from the Target sack. She said she purposely got the chocolate raspberry ones because she knows I don't like chocolate mint. Today I had to run home to grab some notes I forgot and she drove me back to campus so that I wouldn't be late for class. Thoughtful.

So yeah, she's pretty great. I'm really really thankful for who she is, her friendship, and the fact that she puts up with me. :) I'm going to miss her next year.

P.S. I'm also thankful for the nice man from Baron Hill's district office that helped me find the room that Kendal's Leadership,Ethics, and Social Action poster presentation was in today.

No comments: