Sunday, September 26, 2010

4s&5s and Abraham

Tomorrow morning I am back in the beloved 4 & 5 yr olds class at ECC after a summer-long stint in the 2 yr olds room. Have I mentioned how much I love the 4 and 5 yr olds? I love them. I love all kids, but particularly the 4 and 5 yr olds. They're at the age where they're just starting to figure things out and ask questions that stump you and say profound and funny and sincere things like thanking God for butterflies and dolphins during prayer and yelling "YAY GOD!" after hearing the story of the parting of the Red Sea. (Both unprompted, true stories from our own ECC kiddos). I love them.

I was just reading through the lesson plan for tomorrow since I'm on schedule to teach. I love The Jesus Storybook Bible that we use in the 4s & 5s. So much so that I bought my own copy and I wrote a post about it. We're talking about Abraham this week and God's promise to make his family a HUGE blessing to all nations.

In the lesson plans it also mentions singing songs. Most of the time I don't do this with them because I can usually only get a few of the kids to actually do it. [this puzzles me. i always loved the song portion of kids' church growing up.] But this week Father Abraham is listed as a possibility. What 4 yr old doesn't love Father Abraham?! And I realized that it only has two chords in it so I'm totally taking my guitar. I figure participation odds are better with a guitar. :)

So I'm a tad bit excited for tomorrow morning with the 4s & 5s. Can you tell? :)

No comments: