Monday, March 2, 2009

My new desk [edit]

One of our post-docs left; I inherited his desk and bench. Here are the reasons, in no particular order, why it is exponentially better than my former desk/bench combo.

1. I no longer have to move my computer/paperwork when I need to do bench work and vice versa.
2. I have a window. Granted, we're on the ground floor so I can see a limestone wall and ivy, but if I look up I can see some sky and trees.
3. My desk is across from Rohini's, who is arguably my favorite person in the lab.
4. My music horizons are being expanded by listening to Rohini's Indian music. :)
5. My cell phone has signal.
6. I'm now in the middle of the lab and closer to everything, including the lesser used tissue culture hood.
7. I have shelves, and drawers that lock!
8. I have my own set of pipettes!!!
9. I no longer have to worry that the crazy bio safety lady will come in and yell at me for having coffee cups/eating lunch at my bench.
10. There's not a MilliQ H20 carboy sitting above and constantly dripping onto my bench.


Ah the joys of my new desk and bench. :)


EDIT: Tuesday. Today Rohini and I graded papers/did bench work to the Mamma Mia soundtrack. Take the previous reasons my new desk rocks and multiply them by 10. It just keeps getting better. :)

2 comments:

b7 said...

#5 = YAY!!!

And all the rest of it, too, of course. :-)

no said...

this was incredibly exciting!!! even though i don't really know what half the stuff is!