Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Two convicting questions

These questions happened during recent conversations with the Yellow House ladies and between Beth and I.

#1. Why is it that when God answers the prayer I've been begging for him to answer, I immediately forget and move on to the next thing I think I need?

Blast this wretched human insatiability. Lately I've really been trying to a) recognize that I'm doing this, b) repent of my ungratefulness, and c) dwell more in thankfulness for all the amazing blessings I've been given. And seriously, there's a LOT of blessings! Tonight at YH every one of us began with a list of blessings, a bundle of blessings, if you will. Dwell in thankfulness. Dwell. Abide. Thanksgiving. Joy.

#2. (paraphrased from the question asked by Nicole) Why don't we do the things we know will make us feel better, be healthier, and overall put us in a better physical, spiritual, mental, and emotional state?

Such as go to bed at a decent hour, get out of bed when we know we should, take our vitamins, eat healthy things, exercise, take time to spend with God everyday, etc. Ugh. Why do we make this so hard when it's so easy (or at least simple)? Goal this week: take one (or more, we'll see how the week goes :) )of these things and make it more of a habit, because it's good for me and about time that I was a little more disciplined.

2 comments:

no said...

FOR.REAL.
and i totally slept too late this morning. what IS that!?

MBK said...

Yeah, I did too. :( I'm going to seriously make that my goal.