I realize that no one is probably going to think this is cool other than me... and maybe Mateo since I know he enjoys some science from time to time. Regardless, I just got so excited that it's worth a blog post.
I was just frantically searching the ppt slides from my cell bio class in search of the answer to one of the questions on my exam tomorrow, when I ran across a web address in small print at the bottom of one of the slides. So I typed it in and found this:

A Science blog! They read cell biology papers so we don't have to. I read the one I needed for class and found it to be really reader friendly as long as you have a little bit of background (ie if you know that the golgi apparatus is part of a cell, you can probably read this blog and take something away from it). It hasn't been updated since October so I'm not sure if it's still active but I'm definitely bookmarking it.
While I'm at it, here's another good science-y site. It gives the most recent science discoveries, research, news, etc. but in a news type article that usually isn't horribly jargon heavy. I particularly like the virus news section. :)
3 comments:
I think I might use that second site as an answer to one of my homework problems tonight.
Yay for science!
Interesting. The first one is a cool idea but doesn't seem to have been updated in a while. I've subscribed to the second one's RSS feed. Thanks for the tip!
Here's another one that I just found the other day. It's a Microbiology blog, similar to the first one in format I think, but a little more jargon-y.
http://www.horizonpress.com/blogger/
Post a Comment