Friday, April 17, 2009

Every song's a comeback

The Wilco concert last night was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. We had great seats: front row of the balcony--you can see everything, no one in front of you, stand up/sit down whatever you want. Every song was great, even the ones I didn't know. Jeff Tweedy had the perfect amount of audience interaction; talking to the audience and making an occasional joke, but keeping it short (I mean, we're all there for the music right? :) ) And to top it all off, they did two encores. TWO. And not just one song each, the first encore was three songs including my all-time fave, and the second encore was five songs. An eight song encore... almost as long as the actual show. Who does that?! There was only one part of the concert that actually disturbed me and that was how much you could actually feel the auditorium balcony move... I was slightly concerned that at some point the whole thing was going to plummet to the floor smashing all of the Wilco fans underneath...

Anyway, here are a few of my faves from last night. Enjoy.






And my all-time fave:

No comments: