Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Derby Stallion High School Musical

Starring Zac Efron as Patrick McCardle Troy Bolton

Fifteen-year-old Patrick Troy doesn't know what to do with his life, and the pressure put on him by his dad isn't helping. But then he meets a misunderstood horse trainer math geek who convinces him to train audition for the Derby Cup school musical. Can Patrick Troy convince his parents to let him compete perform, beat out the rich town bully musical snobs, Sharpey and Ryan?--and find the champion musician that lies within?

Hmmm... this back-of-the-dvd blurb sounds familiar...

There's also a new girl who just moved into town and encourages him to ride horses instead of play baseball which is his dad's dream.

This movie is so bad that it's good... at least good in the sense that Beth and I died laughing all the way through it. One thing it's got going for it: New girl never calls him "wildcat."

2 comments:

b7 said...

And I quote:

"This isn't good. I've seen good before, and this isn't it."

Little sister: "Did she kiss him, Mommy?"
Mom: "Um, I think she was just checking his lips."
Dad: "I do that sometimes, too."
Sis: "Me, too."
Megan/Beth: "AHAHAHAHAHahahahahahaha AWKWARD!"

Xpiotiva said...

yeah....i definitely sat through this one a few years ago out of sheer devotion to zefron. never again.