Evolution under the Microscope (Swift). I borrowed this one from Doug in April. Yeah... April. Totally interested in the subject, I just find it hard to motivate myself to pick up a dense science text when I get home after I've been thinking about science all day! Must finish it. Seriously (And discuss)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Rowling). Probably my 4th go through this one. Love it. "I open at the close." GAH.
Old Testament Turning Points (Matthews). Required reading for the OT seminar at ECC in early February. With two classes, teaching, and research next semester, I'd better get this one finished now.
The Return of the King (Tolkien). I've been promising all the LOTR summer book club friends that I would read this so that we could all watch the movie together soon. I will make goo
The House at Pooh Corner (Milne). A birthday gift from a friend. I've been reading snippets before bed this week and totally enjoying Milne's whimsy.
And as is typical of me... since I can't pick just one to start with... and have to have a book for every mood, I'm at least halfway through three of them.
3 comments:
Be proud of me: I have no break reading list, and have restrained myself -- only packing four books for my NY trip, not including my Bible. And The Practice of the Presence of God is so small that it hardly counts. :-) Happy reading.
Wot. Who are you and what have you done with my Beth?! :) Hope you have a lovely break.
"I open at the close." <--DANGIT BATTLE ELF. I AM SLAIN.
"I go to find the sun." <-- one of Leggy's super-4 moments. <3
Post a Comment