November 12, 2008
Last night I went to the Yellow House Bible study which I hadn't been able to attend all semester because of a Tuesday night class. What a breath of fresh air! It seriously fed my heart and soul. These women are amazing: smart, funny, loving, confident, beautiful, humble, and truly seeking God. The group is just a mix of wonderful personalities that make me smile. And beyond the individuals, you have the group: a fellowship of women eager to learn about God, trying to follow his will, and finding practical application and relevance in the scripture we study. Last night I was struck with something I think I've taken for granted before--the honesty in this group. I think it really makes the difference. We're all honest with what we're struggling with and trying to apply what we're learning from scripture to our lives. I'm so encouraged knowing that these women are going through issues similar to what I'm going through and looking to God for answers, strength, and love. Love you ladies!
Last night I went to the Yellow House Bible study which I hadn't been able to attend all semester because of a Tuesday night class. What a breath of fresh air! It seriously fed my heart and soul. These women are amazing: smart, funny, loving, confident, beautiful, humble, and truly seeking God. The group is just a mix of wonderful personalities that make me smile. And beyond the individuals, you have the group: a fellowship of women eager to learn about God, trying to follow his will, and finding practical application and relevance in the scripture we study. Last night I was struck with something I think I've taken for granted before--the honesty in this group. I think it really makes the difference. We're all honest with what we're struggling with and trying to apply what we're learning from scripture to our lives. I'm so encouraged knowing that these women are going through issues similar to what I'm going through and looking to God for answers, strength, and love. Love you ladies!
If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.Ecclesiastes 4:10-12
3 comments:
I was struck by this too last night :)
Makes me spite my Tuesday lab...
YEESSSS! :-) i'm so glad you could come!!!!
megan! you are great!
Post a Comment