My uncle is just 10 years older than me. Actually there's less of an age difference between he and I than between he and my mom (his sister). Because of that, I grew up following him around like a puppy. In my grade school mind, you couldn't get much cooler than my uncle. I think part of that stuck with me a little. :) I still think he's pretty cool--my aunt, too. It's always neat spending time with them because we have so much in common. They both did their undergrad and grad work here at IU and they share my love of Bloomington. They're also both microbiologists so I can talk science with them (which we all know I love.) Actually, they're kind of the reason that I first became interested in research...but another story for another day. So it was really fun to spend time with them.
Now, they've added to their/our family. They have twins who are now about 9 1/2 months old. I really enjoy kids in general, but these two take the cake. Haley and Bobby are the cutest babies I have ever seen--I may be biased, but other people seem to think they're pretty cute as well. Honestly, there's not much I can tell you to relay how much fun it is to spend time with them. Their smiles are infectious and they share them easily. They even wake up smiling. You peek into their cribs and they just grin--excited to
I also got to see Princeton (where they both work: my uncle as a post-doc and my aunt as a lab tech/manager). It's really neat--so historical and old compared to things here in the mid-west. We also went to NYC for part of one day. It just so happened to rain all day that day, so we didn't end up doing most of the touristy things. We went to the Museum of Modern Art which was really fun. You don't always get to go to those kind of places with the intention of spending the whole day, so we really got to see a good chunk of the museum.
So all in all, a fantastic trip. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment